When it comes to small bathrooms, many people are under the assumption that designing them is no easy task. Well, in some cases, this is true. Small spaces do present a design challenge. However, if you want to make use of the small design, it can be done. You can make a storage-friendly, useful bathroom for your home.
To ensure this happens, you want every design element to serve a purpose. You want the design to be functional so that it saves on space but still doesn’t appear to be cluttered. Want a little help with this? You’ll be glad to know that there are four small bathroom ideas that you can implement to get you the look you’ve only thought was possible.
4 Tips To Increase The Space Of Your Small Bathroom
Increase The Storage Space
Most people think that the best way to increase storage in their bathroom is to use a large cabinet. However, instead of stuffing your towels or toilet paper in a cabinet, have an open shelf. An open shelf will give warmth to the space and reduce the unwanted big pieces that would end up taking more space than you may have to spare. Other options include:
- Stack floating shelves offer a fashionable storage option
- Colorful storage ladders present the space some personality
- Sink skirts help add some flair to the room while also hiding your cleaning products
- Wooden crates allow for accessible storage, whether they are put on the ground, drilled into the wall or be stacked
When it comes to small bathrooms, you want to have some functionality to it. Small rooms often have unwanted clutter. Whatever design element you add, you want to be sure it’s functional and not adding to the clutter. Avoid items that don’t have a purpose in the room – knick-knacks, etc.
- Put cotton balls and swabs in glass jars
- Place a hamper underneath the sink
- Reduce the counter space by putting your personal products up – don’t leave them out for display
- Use stackable baskets under the cabinets and above washer/dryer appliances
Come Up With Neutral Colors
When you’re ready to paint your bathroom, you need to plan out the color palette. This can take a little time. However, you want colors that make the bathroom your sanctuary and looks good. Go for neutral colors to ensure this happens.
- Come up with a neutral color palette to create the bathroom’s base theme
- Use patterns and textiles to give the space some depth and creativity
- Bear in mind that the color white is a reminder of purity
Do Add Some Color
If you decide you don’t want to repaint the room, you can still give the space some color by using colorful bathroom tiles, rugs, hand towels, and more. Be sure the stuff you use adds personality to the room.
- Paint the mirror frame with a color that accentuates the bathroom
- Use stylish soap dishes and other accessories to have a designer touch to it
- Use colorful towels and other items to give the room some flair and panache