Despite deficit, Holyoke holds off hiking sewer rate

HOLYOKE — Regardless of many proposals to treatment a deficit, the Town Council on Tuesday failed to set a new sewer use charge. The Sewer Organization Fund is allotted $9 million annually, with 93% collected in fees to cover operational charges. The remaining 7%, or $500,000, the city is “behind […]